Okay y'all! So this is one of my all time favorite dishes that I love to prepare at home! It's a CAJUN STYLE chicken and dirty rice! Y'all listen, this dish is packed with so much flavor that it is completely unbelievable! There are several approached to this dish and I will be sure to list the below under the ingredients/ instructions. Check it out and let me know what you think of this amazing dish!
Intro/ Theme Song: ThatGirlCanCook!
Soundtrack: Sunny Days
Artist: Anno Domini Beats
* FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA *
Serves: 2-4 Prep Time: 15 Min. Cook Time: 30-35 Min.
FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
- 4 Cleaned Chicken Thighs (Bone-In and Skin-On)
- 1 Link of Andouille Sausage ( Or any sausage that you prefer)
- 1 Cup of White Long Grain Rice ** (IF YOU PREFER TO USE INSTANT RICE, FEEL FREE TO DO SO, BUT COOK YOUR CHICKEN A FEW MINUTES LONGER IN THE SKILLET)
- 2.5 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Rib of Celery, Finely Diced
- Serrano Pepper, Finely Diced (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
SEASONING FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 Heaping Tbsp Cajun Seasoning (Feel free to add more as needed)
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
SEASONINGS FOR THE RICE:
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Hot Sauce
- Juice of a Lemon
OPTIONAL STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS:
* To cook this dish on the stovetop, follow all of the same steps as described in the video and after you've added the chicken and sausage back into the skillet, REDUCE the heat to Med-Low and cover the skillet/pot/ dutch oven with a lid. Allow the rice and chicken to cook for 20-25 minutes before serve. Fluff the rice, plate, and enjoy!