Watch Daddy Lau teach us how to make Salt and Pepper Pork Chops. I can personally vouch that my dad's recipe is so yummy, a perfect combination of tender and crispy!
👩🍳 JOIN THE CANTO COOKING CLUB 👩🍳
Develop the intuition and foundation to cook Cantonese food with exclusive classes from Daddy Lau!
Join the club: bit.ly/3JL7btm
🍴 RECIPE + INGREDIENTS🍴
Check out our blog for an adjustable list of ingredients and step-by-step videos:
🙏 SUPPORT OUR CHANNEL 🙏
If you enjoy these videos and want to support us being able to continue creating content for many years to come, we’d love for you to consider becoming a patron of Made With Lau.
👋 CONNECT WITH US 👋
🍳 COOKWARE WE USE/LOVE 🍳
- Electric Burner: geni.us/electricburner
- Non-Stick Wok: geni.us/nonstickwok
- Carbon Steel Wok: geni.us/carbonsteelwok
- Non-Stick Pan: shrsl.com/305jb
- Carbon Steel Pan: shrsl.com/305j9
- Stainless Steel Skillet: shrsl.com/305j8
- Cookware Set: shrsl.com/305j7
- 8 Quart Pot: shrsl.com/305j6
- Cookware Collections: shrsl.com/305j5
- Pan Protector: shrsl.com/305j0
- Carbon Steel Seasoning Wax: shrsl.com/305iz
🔪 KNIVES WE USE/LOVE 🔪
- Dad's 40 year old Chinese Chef Knife: geni.us/dadschefknife, geni.us/Vtjn
- Chef Knife: shrsl.com/305is
- Santoku Knife: shrsl.com/305iu
- Starter Knife Set: shrsl.com/305iw
- Sharpening Stone Set: shrsl.com/305iy
👨🍳 KITCHEN ACCESSORIES WE USE/LOVE 👨🍳
- Magnetic Knife Strip (storage): shrsl.com/305j3
- Cutting Board: shrsl.com/305j2
- Instant Read Thermometer #1: geni.us/bluetooththermometer
- Instant Read Thermometer #2: geni.us/wirelessthermometer
- Food Scale: geni.us/ourfoodscale
🍜 DAD'S SPECIAL INGREDIENTS 🍜
If you don't live near an Asian market, you buy these online / on Amazon:
- Sesame Oil: geni.us/bPkD
- Handcrafted Soy Sauce: bit.ly/handcrafted-soysauce
- Light Soy Sauce: geni.us/h5GrZ
- Light Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): bit.ly/premiumlightsoysauce
- Dark Soy Sauce: geni.us/VIgg0
- Dark Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): bit.ly/premiumdarksoysauce
- Rice Cooking Wine: geni.us/ZHJK
- Premium Oyster Sauce: bit.ly/gfoystersauce, geni.us/BplS8
- Chili Oil: geni.us/DX1vm
- Hoisin Sauce: geni.us/lmBz0
- Chicken Bouillon: geni.us/2Eu7CU
- Shaoxing Cooking Wine: geni.us/M93Zer
Options for Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
Options for Gluten Free Oyster Sauce
Note: These links are affiliate links, which means that if you use our links to purchase these ingredients, our family earns a small amount for the sale - at no extra cost to you. If you use these links, we really appreciate the support!
🔗 LINKS MENTIONED 🔗
Food, it's What I do - • Fast and Easy Salt & P...
Season & Serve Blog - • Salt & Pepper Tofu - L...
Khin’s Kitchen - • Crunchy Salt and Peppe...
Morgane Recipes - • Salt & Pepper Fish - C...
Adam Liaw - • The Easiest Salt & Pep...
S. Clyde Weaver - sclydeweaver.com/blog/the-dif...
⏲ CHAPTERS ⏲
00:00 - Start
00:23 - On salt & pepper dishes
00:52 - Prepare aromatics
01:39 - What chilis are great substitutes?
02:03 - Cut pork
02:15 - What cuts of pork are best for this dish?
03:34 - How do you prevent the pork from getting too tough?
03:58 - What other proteins can you use?
04:19 - Create marinade
04:48 - Mix pork into marinade
05:33 - First fry of pork
05:47 - Oil BG
08:45 - How do you keep the kitchen clean while frying?
09:18 - Second fry of pork
09:36 - How do you keep the meat tender and the crust crispy?
10:12 - Mix seasoning & on pepper
10:58 - Stir-fry ingredients
12:00 - Plate & taste test!
12:33 - Meal time!
12:44 - Mommy Lau’s favorite dish
13:00 - What’s your favorite protein for this dish?
💛 OUR FAMILY 💛
Learn more about the Lau family, and why we started this channel + blog:
🎵 OTHER CREDITS 🎵
Produced by Randy Lau, Grace Phan-Nguyen
Edited by Willard Chan, Nicole Cheng
Translation by Arlene Chiu, David Loh
Intro Flute Music - Performed by Daddy Lau
Copyright Chillhop Music - chll.to/49e6fa9c
Copyright Chillhop Music - chll.to/4ca8cc15