Why the majority is always wrong | Paul Rulkens | TEDxMaastricht

  görünümler 6,499,634

TEDx Talks

TEDx Talks

8 yıl önce

YORUMLAR: 6 083
Stefan Onderdelinden
Stefan Onderdelinden
Nice talk thank you!
Nathyn Costello
Nathyn Costello
Amazing I loved this. I find it frustrating because the other issue is that the 97% don’t always understand or value the different thinkers 🤷🏻‍♂️
Rx Hx
Rx Hx Yıl önce
Reminds me of the Monty Python bit where a big crowd says in perfect unison "Yes, we're all different." and then one guy in the crowd says "I'm not."
Sam Stow
Sam Stow
Having a brilliant idea is only the start. The next thing is to have the passion and commitment to follow that idea through when everyone tells you you're wrong, and being resilient enough to keep pushing through countless rejections until you finally get a breakthrough. Many examples of successful people in history had this experience.
Nova Chap
Nova Chap Yıl önce
First class seminar, very well presented, right amount of humour and very thought provoking! Thank you for sharing..
Clifton Pereira
Clifton Pereira
While there's no doubt that the content he presented was superlative, what I noticed is that he presented it flawlessly, without a single filler word..truly commendable
John Duncan
John Duncan 3 yıl önce
“A really bad idea, embraced by millions of people, is still a really bad idea.” ~ Tony Blauer
Si Mullane
Si Mullane
We don't always need to pick a side but just understand each others!
Christopher Lindsay
Christopher Lindsay
I’ve sat through many talks like this during my working life, exhorting us to break the mould, by people who never did anything original themselves (I’m thinking HR personnel here). Corporations are dominance hierarchies which rely on the people at the top ruling over those beneath them. They are structured on a division of labour and standardised behaviour, not very conducive to thinking creatively. A good number of the 97% are well aware of this.
Blind Philosopher Karl-Erik
Blind Philosopher Karl-Erik Yıl önce
Paul is describing how to break through barriers to market entry without directly competing with competitors. It’s a brilliant concept that redefines and creates new markets. Why walk crowded halls when you can take just as long detouring through the garden?
A J
A J 2 yıl önce
This was perhaps the best tedtalk I've ever heard, and after reading the majority of the comments below, I am happy to see the majority doesn't agree.
Vishrut Heda
Vishrut Heda
“If you want to have results you’ve never had before, well, you need to start doing things you’ve never done before.”
Klaus Dirr
Klaus Dirr 2 yıl önce
Mark Twain once said: "When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
Centurion Guards
Centurion Guards Yıl önce
It's not just on high performance issues. It's on issues / world views that people hold but haven't looked closely at. People are getting all into their emotions without checking facts.
Angelocheck Light
Angelocheck Light Yıl önce
Brilliant! Everything is brilliant thought, idea, competence, and performance. Thank you
T M
T M
I don't know how many times I've heard people say "think outside the box," and never understood what they meant but after watching this, I get it. I'm definitely coming back for this.
James Stripling
James Stripling Yıl önce
The purpose of thinking is to conserve energy. I'm lazy, but I want things, so I think a lot about how to do things so I can get what I want without working too hard, all within legal and moral boundaries. Crossing those boundaries requires more time and energy than I'm willing to spend.
Alina Stefana
Alina Stefana Yıl önce
"When all think alike, then no one is thinking"- Walter Lippmann
Diego Rodríguez
Diego Rodríguez 5 yıl önce
I love how he says that 97% of people work for the remaining 3% and then the one person gets the Applause from a hundred or maybe thousands of people.
Matt Almassian
Matt Almassian Yıl önce
Brilliant observations, really enjoyed this talk. Well done!